Tuesday 11 March 2014

No such thing as waste!

Like most crafters I hate waste and save every last little scrap of stuff in case I can use it another time and in this cards case I am very glad I do! The main flower (from Indigo Blu) was stamped and embossed onto a scrap left over from a gelli print I recently created, and the other backing papers I made from odd scraps of black and silver card. The silver script was created using gilding flakes and while I loved it with the flower next to it I then found myself struggling to find a suitable backing paper for the main thing, so created my own by embossing a scrap of silver card and toning it down with alcohol inks and gilding flakes. I pulled it all together with a scrap of lilac lace and added a couple of brads I have had for ages to pretty it up some more. 


Not bad for scraps I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment