Thursday 10 April 2014

A Cause for Celebration

This weekend, at a family gathering, my sister announced that after 16yrs with her other half they were finally getting around to tying the knot. She followed that news up with the sentence -'but you're not all coming so don't get excited'. Charming!! Actually, anyone that knows my sister as well as I do knows that this is exactly what they could expect from her, and I don't mean because she is mean and nasty, she is completely the opposite of that, and there is nothing that she wouldn't do for anyone. It's just that she is the last person on this earth (next to me that is) who would enjoy the fuss and attention that a 'proper' wedding would bring and just wants her day to happen very quietly in a way that is comfortable for her, and as someone who wanted to do exactly the same thing 18yrs ago when I got married (but didn't quite manage it but that's a water under the bridge now!), I totally understand how she feels.

That said, she is now engaged and fuss or no fuss it's something worth celebrating and so I wanted to make her and her husband to be a card to congratulate them. The stamps I used, which came with a recent issue of Creative Stamper magazine, couldn't reflect the happy couple any less (other than the fact they are both vintage era- sorry sis lol!). My sister doesn't do dresses or elegance and is more often than not clambering around in walking boots or converse and jeans (we have so much more in common than just shared parents that's for sure!),but she does love the vintage look, so hopefully will like the card.

I used Graphic 45 Typography papers for the backing, made the large flower from pages of an old copy of Jayne Eyre, and added more from my stash to finish it off. 

I love making cards as you know, but making ones for my most special people always gives me so much pleasure, and this one couldn't be for a more special couple. I wish you both many many years of wedded bliss and hope that you get exactly the kind of wedding day you want.

xxx



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card . Thanks for joining us at seemacrafts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful ,love it ,thank you for joining in over at seemacrafts April challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, nice to see other colours used for the vintage theme too. Thanks for joining us at Seemacrafts Karen DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Card!!!! Thanks for joining the April Challenge over on Seemacrafts. Hugs, Donalda Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, thank you for joining in at Seemacrafts with the vintage challenge xx http://guffdesignscardcreations.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. a very beautiful piece of work . Thank you for taking the trouble to show us your lovely creation over at seemacrafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vibrant and SO appealing - what a wonderfully different wedding card! Thank you for adding your inspiration to our challenge this month at Country View Challenges. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete