Sunday 18 May 2014

Sheena Douglass- Bloomin' Beautiful

I started this card a while ago but my hectic life has a habit of getting in the way of my crafting at times so I had to put it to one side unfinished until today. I woke up before the rest of the household (for some reason I am incapable of sleeping in at the weekends which is very frustrating!) so tiptoed downstairs and treated myself to some crafty time.

The flower stamps are from the Sheena Douglass 'bloomin' Beautiful' set. I loved them from the minute I saw them as they are big and beautiful and a little bit quirky (just like me!!). I stamped them in the corner of the card and for the centre one I stamped and cut it out to create dimension. I coloured them with twinkling H20's to add some sparkle. I masked them off and set to work creating the background using distress inks and water. The sentiment and butterflies are from a Creative Expressions steampunk set. I mounted the finished piece onto black mirror card before attaching it to my card blank.


So glad I finally got around to finishing it. I am determined to have a bit of a crafty day today so there may be more to follow!

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:





2 comments:

  1. A fabulously colourful card. The flowers look amazing.
    Thank you for joining in with the Kraftyhands challenge this month and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab project. Thank you for joining us at Crafting At The Weekend for our first challenge we hope you will join us again soon. Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete