Saturday 28 June 2014

MDF Hanging Heart

Wow it's been a while since I have blogged, but them it's been a while since I have crafted! We are undertaking a different type of crafting at home at the moment- renovating our lounge and dining room and it's a mammoth job so is keeping us busy and there isn't a lot of free time to play! Saying that though this afternoon I have made the time, as recently my lovely Mummy bought me a melt pot and it's been sat in it's wrapper dying to be played with and I just couldn't leave it any longer to get melting! 

In true crafter style I just sat and had fun, and part of that was dipping some hand made flowers in utee. Then I had to decide what to do with them of course, and I stumbled across a little MDF heart that I had painted and added Kroma Crackle to a while ago as an experiment (I'd never used it before) and an idea popped into my head!

I set to work with some gilding waxes to highlight the crackle, and added a Graphic 45 tag, my flowers and some metal leaves and it all came together perfectly (well I think so anyway!).


 Now all I need is somewhere in the building site that is my house to hang it!


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Lynda. I hope the work on the house is going well, I'll look forward to seeing more of your work once that's all finished x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! As for the the work on the house it is proving, err challenging! It's safe to say that the previous owners weren't too big on DIY and were members of the bodge it and leg it brigade! Luckily we know a few good tradesmen to help us get things sorted though so hopefully by Autumn we will be able to cosy up in front of the fire in a newly decorated calm lounge :) xx

      Delete
  2. Well I think it's perfect too Lynda! LOVE the craquelure especially! The contrasting colours show it off beautifully. You've gone and made me want to do one now..... ;)
    Hugs Ei x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen. If you do one I would love to see it x

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous Lynda! You need a shiny new craft room to hang it in :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only! Oh well, one day it will be just me and hubby with 2 spare bedrooms to convert ;)

      Delete