Friday 6 June 2014

New Home Gelli Print Card

This week I found time to have a much needed sort out of my paper drawers- mammoth job but it feels so good knowing they are all sorted  (for now at least!). During my rummaging I found a pile of prints I
 made when I was first experimenting with my gelli plate. I had filed them in the 'unlikely to ever use as I didn't know what I was doing' pile (still don't I know!) and decided that rather than throw them away as I hate waste, I would have a play at making a mixed media new home card. 

I cut out my shapes and played with the layout, and convinced myself I wouldn't be able to pull off anything like some of the lovely mixed media pieces I have drooled over on Pinterest and that it would  end up looking like the work of one of the 2 or 3yr olds I look after in my day job! I decided to take the 'what the heck- just have fun anyway' approach, set to my sticking and stamping and it started to resemble a version what I had in my head. A bit of outlining with pens and chalk and the addition of a sentiment typed on the old typewriter I bought recently for a fiver for the kids to play with ( and I have since staked a crafty claim on- well it had to be done!) and this was the result.


It's far from perfect, but seeing as it was made from bits that were originally destined for the bin I think I did ok after all. Sometimes it pays to embrace that inner 3yr old!

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

5 comments:

  1. love your funky card and images and love the background--thanks for joining us at Crafty Girls
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is so so sweet and a fantastic way to use up scraps, I love it. Thank you for joining this months challenge, Sylvie, Craft for the Craic DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job pulling together your scraps!
    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!
    <3 Emily L.-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous way you found to use those pieces that you thought you may not use. This is so cute! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us for the Tuesday Throwdown Challenge! hugs, Kimberly S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great job with scraps! Love it! Thankyou for joining us this month at Craft for the Craic

    ReplyDelete