Thursday 2 October 2014

Sherri Baldy Wee Winged Cuties Autumn Card

Autumn is my favourite season. I just love the freshness in the air, the rainbow of colour that explodes before my eyes as the days roll on and get shorter, leading in to warm, cosy, candlelit nights snuggled in front of the fire. 

I was asked this week to make a card for a friends 3yr old niece and decided that rather than go pink and girly I would reflect the season, so I coloured this gorgeous pair from Sherri Baldy in all my favourite Autumnal colours using my promarkers. I then realised I didnt have a suitable backing paper, but I did have one that worked colour wise lurking in my stash, so I distressed the edges and inked it with Rusty Hinge distress ink, and used a stencil to add fern leaves to the paper to make it seasonal. I added a selection of pretty flowers and leaves, ribbon and sentiment to finish off. 


I would like to enter this in the following challenges:



8 comments:

  1. Some autumn fairies for a little girl, she will love them! Many thanks to join us in Crafty Ribbons Challenge and good luck from Christelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Lynda!! I love that image and it's colored beautifully... the fall colors are perfect for this time of year! Thanks so much for joining us at Creatalicious this month!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, image is adorable. Thanks so much for joining us over at Creative Knockouts, good luck and hope to see you again.
    ~ Denise DT ~
    Creative Knockouts
    {Denise's Patch of Creativity}
    {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable card. I love the beautiful fall colors. Thank you for playing along with us over at the Creative Knockouts! We really appreciate you stopping by. Melanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card. I love the colour palette you have used. Thank you for joining us over at Ladybug Crafts. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute & your coloring is outstanding!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us @ Creative Knockouts & hope to see you back again for our next challenge!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card.

    Thanks for joining us at the CRAFT challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab image and great card. The embellishments are perfect. Thank you for sharing this with us at the Crafty Little Fairies, hugs, Jayne

    ReplyDelete