Thursday 11 June 2015

Indigo Blu 'Pocket Full of Posies' Inspiration

I was thrilled to have been selected as one of the top three on last month's 'One Layer' challenge over at Indigo Blue Challenge and so when I got an email asking if I would like to create an inspiration piece for this month challenge, ' A Pocket Full of Posies' I just couldn't say no!

I love Indigo Blu's stamps, but when I rummaged through my collection I realised I own very little with flowers on ( and the one I know I do had gone into hiding!), but I remembered I had a set that was given away as a free gift on a magazine a while ago so I chose to use that. 

For the 'pocket' aspect I decided to put a slightly different spin on it and alter an otherwise boring pocket note book, making my project practical as well as pretty!


I used mixed media heavy duty card and stamped my flowers and leaves, using a paper mask to create a layered effect. I painted them and the background with Aquatint inks and let dry before stamping the sentiment and dragonflies. I painted the dragonflies in Twinkling H20's to give them some added shimmer.




Thank you so much to the team at Indigo Blu for inviting me to create this piece to inspire others. I had a great time making it!

Lynda
xx

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to dress up an ordinary pocket note book. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete