Sunday 7 February 2016

A Little Bit of Magick with Visible Image

I've been so busy with digi image DT work lately that I have had little time for getting inky, but today saw my younger sister Laura turn a year older and I wanted to make her something extra special. She is a keen crafter too and loves splashing paint and ink around, so I am hoping she appreciates that I ended up with purple fingers especially for her!

I absolutely adore Visible Image stamps and have a large collection, many of which have yet to be inked. This one was no exception. I had to buy it when I saw it as I have a passion for all things mythical, especially dragons! The wizard is called Myrddin and you can find the set here. The dragon is from another set in the collection, Orin Destiny



To create the sky I used a mask for the moon and shaded lilac and dusty concord distress inks. I added a castle using a mask from Splodge Away, and black soot ink, and stamped the dragon above it. On separate watercolour card I stamped the other elements, coloured them with distress pens, and added some shimmer to the wizards cloak with twinkling H20's. I fussy cut them out and mounted on the main image, adding some dimension by using foam pads so that elements stand out and it's not totally flat.

I am so pleased with the way it turned out that I wanted to keep it myself but Laura is worth it so I stayed strong and popped it in the post for her like a good sister!

Happy birthday sis!

Lynda
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment