Wednesday 19 October 2016

Colours of The Wind by Visible Image

I've spent so long working primarily with digital images recently that this week I decided that having reduced my digi DT commitments, the time has come to get back to some proper messy play and doing what I love- painting and stamping!

One of my favourite stamp companies is Visible Image and todays card features their stamps. The Visible Image designs are so unique and cutting edge. If you aren't aware of the company do check them out. 

I have become friends with a lovely lady on their Facebook page, and we challenged each other to dig out our gelli plates, and make something arty to swap. I created my backing paper on the gelli with a stencil and paints, in Autumnal colours. Autumn is my favourite time of year and I never need an excuse to play with leaves- even paper ones, so I decided the stamps to use for my swap would be the Colours of the Wind set. I stamped them in versamark all over the paper and heat embossed different colours over them. I also used the leaf stamp that comes with the Christmas Poinsietta set, stamped both on the back ground and on another gelli printed sheet and fussy cut. I also stamped the main leaf again and fussy cut, edging it in gold to make it pop and adding the sentiment across the top. I mounted the main and smaller leaves on foam pads to give it some added depth and dimension. 


I really hope that the lovely Erika likes it. It was great to get back to some good old fashioned ink and paint splodging!

Challenges:


5 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, the inking and paint work you have done is just perfect. Thanks For joining and sharing with us at Lets Craft and Create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynda, I am so happy you decided to get back to your messy side, because this card is amazing! I love that you've embossed those leaves on the background--what fabulous depth you've achieved! thank you for joining our Autumn Day challenge at Anything But Cute. Hugs! Sara Emily DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Let’s Craft and Create challenge 117, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous card, lovely Autumn colours.
    Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La Creations.
    I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - Crafting with Cotnob
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynda, your card is fabulous! I love the depth you have created and your amazing colors! Thank you so much for joining in our 'An Autumn Day' challenge at Anything But Cute! Branka DT x

    ReplyDelete