Thursday 16 February 2017

No Space for Dreams

Have you seen the new release stamps from Visible Image yet? If not you really should take a look as they are AMAZING! I treated myself to the genius Face It set this week and also bought the new head mask they have released. I've had a ball playing with them tonight and this is the result. 

I teamed the new stamps up with the No Space For Dreams set and I think they all worked so well together. 

To create my piece I stamped the facial features and then masked off the sentiment stamp so that just the word 'worries' was visible and stamped that randomly inside the face mask. I covered the face with the insert part of the mask set and stamped and heat embossed the dreamcatcher around the edge, and then used distress ink to colour it. I coloured the face with Aquatint inks, and added a neck. 

Then came the fiddly part! I stamped multiple dream catchers on card I had coloured with Gelatos and fussy cut all the feathers to create her hair ( which was inspired by my own daughter's hair as she is currently rocking blue and pink herself!). I coloured the lips with gelatos and went over with a Wink of Stella to give it some shimmer, and added a gem nose piercing for some extra bling.




I must admit she has come out a little more butch looking than I had imagined as I stamped the eyes a little high I think. But that's cool as my daughter and I have decided that the story behind her is that she is trans gender and now she has made the change and is at peace with herself she can release all her worries and live the life she so desperately wants, so it all fits together perfectly and she has really come alive to us the more we look at her.

I'm off to play with the open eyes in the set now so watch this space!

Thanks for popping by

Happy crafting!

xx



No comments:

Post a Comment