Friday 14 April 2017

Altered Brusho Box

Happy Good Friday folks! I hope you all have a nice day planned ( that includes eating  copious amounts of hot cross buns of course!). I have had this entire Easter week off work which has been lovely as it's given me plenty of time to get my teeth into a project I have had sitting in my cupboard to make for over 2 years now. Pretty shocking eh? Well, I've finally put it right and am pleased to be able to share my finished Brusho's box at last. 
The MDF kit was from Candy Box Crafts. It was easy to put together, although I found it a tad fiddly holding it in place while the glue dried,  but it was well worth the effort to be able to store my bits and bobs in something that makes me smile. 

The backing papers were made with Dylusions sprays- I just adore working with these. So vibrant! I didn't really have a plan in mind, but then I never do. I tend to be a 'get everything out and wait for inspiration to strike' kinda gal. All I knew for this was that I wanted to use some of my collection of stamps from Visible Image. Their stamps were made for mixed media work so if you haven't seen them before do click the link and check them out. 


I set to work with masks, stencils, paint and embossing powders and of course the stamps, and soon had a selection of cut pieces I was happy with and the whole thing came together like magic before my eyes. The drawers dont come supplied with knobs, but I had these cute little knocker style ones I picked up at Ally Pally last Sept  from the Every Crafts A Pound stand which did the job beautifully once I had altered the colour with alcohol ink to make them more funky and less vintage looking. 


Side View

Back

Top

Side view

Challenges:



I hope you have a great Easter weekend. Thanks for popping in to see what I have been up to.

Lynda
xx



8 comments:

  1. WOW! Fantastic! So clever & creative! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘Stamp It’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit!

    P.S. This beauty also qualifies for the current 'Neons/Brights' challenge going on at the DOUBLE D Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh thank you. Have entered there too. Thanks for the lovely comment too x

      Delete
  2. Hi Lynda, what a great artsy storage project this is! Truly inspired and so beautiful! I adore your awesome cards to match. You are on a roll! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOWZA! This is fabulous! Beautiful bold colors, so bright and vibrant! This is an awesome creation, love your images too! Happy Easter. Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D Challenge Blog, Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me again! I'm so glad you came to share this amazing creation with us at Double D! I just love all the beautiful colors and techniques you've put into this project! AWESOME! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Neon / Brights’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative and love the fabulous and creative mix of colors. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I love what you made with this set of drawers!!! Beautiful and so happy and colorful! Dylusions sprays make the Visible Image stamps really pop out! Great job and thanks for joining out April challenge on More Mixed Media blog! Hugs, Asia

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning Lynda. I love your vibrant choice of colours and the back panel particularly appeals to me. A fab project and a great way to store your Brushos. Thank you for joining us at the Creative Artiste Mixed Media, Anything Goes, #25 April Challenge. Good luck! Love Denyse (DT)

    ReplyDelete