Friday 3 November 2017

Face It - Mixed Media Journal Page

Good morning! It's Friday, and what a long week it has been here. Lots of fun too but a working week caring for four 2yr olds has well and truly kept me on my toes, and so last night I felt the urge to indulge myself for a bit and relax with my inks and stamps, and this journal page was the result. 

I had the idea of trying to combine two stamp sets from Visible Image , Face It and Capture The Moment, to create the focal point for my piece, firstly stamping the face, masking off one eye, and then stamping the camera and embossing it to give it a shiny look. Using the Face Shape and Mask stencil set, I coloured the face area with a light coating of Spun Sugar distress ink. I then inked up the background in a combination of Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry, Shaded Lilac and Salty Ocean distress ink. I bleached out some stripy circles using a mask and wet wipe. 

The hair was initially stamped using Grunge Flourish, another Visible Image stamp, which I believe is now retired. Then I used a silver and black marker to create extra depth and texture, and finished her off by colouring the eyes, mouth and also the camera with Zig watercolour pens. 



The flashes were stamped using Rays of Light stamps and Wow glitter embossing powder. I think this is one of my most used stamp sets- they are perfect for backgrounds. 

The sentiment was also embossed to make it pop, and I finished off with my silver marker and a star mask from Scrapmatts

Right, now it''s time for me to go and stalk the postman. There just may be a little order of new stamps about to land on my doormat which will be perfect timing for a weekends entertainment! 

Have a good weekend!

Lynda 
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment