Tuesday 24 April 2018

Just when the Caterpillar Thought The World was Over... Samantha K Dt Post

Did you catch the Samatha K shows on Hochanda last week?  If not you missed a treat as they were fabulous and the set looked amazing with all the DT samples. I thought I'd pop by to share one of my projects, using the stunningly intricate caterpillar quote. It really is hard to believe this is mdf. So beautifully detailed and cut. 

To create my card I first stamped out some large and small butterflies and covered with masking fluid. Once that was thoroughly dry I used Aquatint ink to create a wash background in sunset colours and sponged black gesso onto the quote. When the gesso was dry I used a Posca pen to highlight the letters , and added stickles to the butterfly detail. 

I then removed the masking fluid and painted the butterflies with watercolour pens before gluing the mdf across the centre and mat an layering onto black card to make it pop. 


Challenges:


I'll be back soon with another step by step to share. 

Thanks for looking

Lynda 
x

1 comment:

  1. A fantastic card Lynda, I love the butterflies and the quote goes so well.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete