Wednesday 14 March 2018

Guest DT for The Male Room

I was thrilled to be announced as the winner over on The Male Room challenge blog recently with this vintage card I created using Visible Image stamps. I often struggle with cards for the fellas, so it was a lovely surprise, and one that has pushed me to create more male themed cards as they kindly invited me to guest DT for them for this months challenge with the theme Space/Science ( you can find it here).

I couldn't decide which of the two themes to create for, so I decided what the heck and did both!

The first feature stamps by Sheena Douglass and he Alchemy range. I really love these and they make male cards so easy- result! The background was created using distress oxide inks and I have used a combination of watercolour paints and sparkle pens to colour the images.


For my second card I used a background paper I created a while ago on my gelli plate, which I spattered with white paint to create a space effect. All the stamps are by Visible Image and I have used a combination of stamping in chalk inks and in Versamark with Wow embossing powders to create my universe. The images are fussy cut and coloured with Sparkle pens.  


I really hope you feel inspired to join in this challenge yourself. 

Thanks for having me The Male Room.

Lynda 
xx

4 comments:

  1. Two fantastic cards Lynda, I love them both.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! WOW! WOW! on both cards, I love the images and the backgrounds, not being a stamper, I REALLY appreciate the work involved. Amazing results. Thank you for sharing your cards with us and being a SUPER GDT. - Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous! Congratulation on your guest DT spot. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! They are both fantastic. I like the vintage feel of the first and the fun retro look on the second. You rocked both themes. Thank you so much for being our Guest Designer. Deborah, DT. xxx

    ReplyDelete